A volunteer is an approved person who chooses to perform services for the
KERR COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE CERT program without compensation or expectations of compensation
and who performs a task at the direction of and on behalf of the Kerr County Sheriff's Office.
KERR COUNTYSHERIFF'S OFFICE CERT volunteers are not employees of the Kerr County Sheriff's Office.
KERR COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE CERT Members must be:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Approved by the Kerr County Sheriff
- Be an Alumni of the Kerr County Sheriff's Office Citizen's Academy Program (KCSOCA)
- Pass a Kerr County Sheriff's Office Criminal Background Check (part of the requirements of the KCSOCA)
- Successfully complete the 20 hour basic CERT training course offered through the Kerr County Sheriff's Office.
- Complete the free FEMA online training for:
- IS-100.b- Introduction to Incident Command System
- IS-200.b- ICS for Single Resources and initial Action Incidents
- IS-700.a- National Incident Management System (NMS)An Introduction
- IS-800.b- National Response Framework, An Introduction
- An active member has successfully completed the standard 20 hours basic CERT training course.
- Is considered to be in good standing by team leadership and actively participating in 70% of team meetings,
advanced and refresher training and planned events.
- All members will receive a KERR COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE CERT response bag , shirt and credentials.